• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

A different look at why to wear your seatbelt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackie jones

Bluelight Crew
A while back, I was involved in a head-on collision at 30mph. I was not wearing my seatbelt. I wrapped my teeth and nose against the steering wheel. I did not loose my teeth or break my nose, but I hit them just hard enough for both of them to hurt for two weeks. If I was going 15 mph faster, I would had a smashed nose and be missing my upper front teeth.

Just food for thought.

well, i was not under the impression at the time that i could be seriously injured driving at slow speeds in town. many people do not wear a seat belt when driving short distances at low speeds.

but, yes, i suppose the why is still the same.

I find it amazing that there are still countries in which there are no laws relating to seat-belt use. 8)

I find it amazing that there are still countries in which there are no laws relating to seat-belt use.

I find it a bit amazing that there are places that try to legislate against stupidity.

collectivism vs individualism

where's Kalash?

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg
;) But seriously, thank you. I'm glad you're here to remind us yourself than through an obituary. I always feel naked if I'm driving without a seat belt, let alone extremely annoyed by the beeping that my car makes if it's moving without a seat belt in place. I find myself reaching for my seat belt even when I get on my motorcycle. :eek:

I find it a bit amazing that there are places that try to legislate against stupidity.

in countries with universal health care, i'd say that's pretty responsible of the government. i hate going to the ER with something serious and having to wait in pain for a bunch of people who visited harm upon themselves doing something stupid.

ironically, the last time i was at the ER was with a mouthful of blood after bashing my face into the steering wheel because i was also involved in a low-speed collision LOL. i wasn't even really driving i was just moving the goddamn car and couldn't see shit out the windshield for a brief moment when BAM.

but yeah i usually buckle up BEFORE i start the engine. my parents used to forget about it all the time, so i'm glad they don't drive anymore!

Not wearing a seatbelt is a damn foolish thing. My buddy got in a wreck when we were in high school and flew out his front window in a wreck. He's lucky he's not dead.

I used to never wear one, and then got into a wreck where I flew into the windshield before a party. I didn't get seriously hurt, the glass didn't break but my head hurt like hell. I do NOT like to be in a car without a seat belt, and it also models good behavior for my daughter to see me always always wear a seat belt.

i now have a small dent on my forehead right at my hairline from not wearing my seatbelt 11 years ago. after that, it was seat belt from there on. i should mention i wasn't wearing it because i was used to driving farm equipment, and it hadn't sunk into my brain to strap in for every day driving. gotta love being 16 and ignorant. 8)

i knew this kid who was joyriding a couple of months ago with some friends. long story short he wasn't wearing a seat belt. the car rolled and he was ejected. he died.

It is the first thing i do when i get in the car, but i suppose if you drive as fast as i do you would to.

I've always worn one as my parents drilled it into me as a youngster. I hear people complaining how they rub against their neck, blah blah blah...I don't even notice the belt to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.